Sunday, May 18, 2014

He prayed for me

He Prayed for Me

In the garden of Gethsemane He prayed. He prayed with such intensity that blood dripped from his forehead,. He prayed that our Father would ‘take the cup’ from him. It was not to be. In order for Kenton to be saved from evil and sure eternal damnation Jesus had to suffer greatly at the hands of evil. He would not be allowed to fight back. Jesus would have to submit to the punishment of demon controlled people. Jesus would have to go to the cross for me willingly to remove satan’s power over humanity. Jesus had the power to destroy all his enemies, but to regain the power over death and Hell that Adam had given away so freely…. to silence the accuser, He had to submit Himself as a spotless sacrifice. He even healed one of the men that came to take Him back to the Sanhedrin for the destruction of His flesh, so that they could so that they could spill the blood that would have the power to wash away my sins.
          How can we crucify Jesus over and over in our selfish lives by choosing the ways of the world of death instead of walking in the light. How can someone choose to satisfy a fleshly desire instead of the love of their family and God? Why does the greedy man hold on to things when so many are starving and suffering? Jesus gave us the Holy Spirit to live in us to guide our spirit and our flesh to God’s will. He created us for Himself.
          There is an old song that says, “Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.” Jesus suffered, died a sinners death, and was resurrected so that I can face tomorrow.  Because He lives, I can live in the light of his Truth, in the knowledge that I am one with Him and on some tomorrow He will present me blameless before my creator. Not because I lived a blameless life, but because His blood washes me clean and makes me righteous. I refuse to recrucify Jesus by following the the world, my flesh. I choose to follow Him, to love Him, no matter how narrow the path gets or steep the grade. God has blessed me so much. I pray that somehow I may be a blessing to Him. I love you and I hope that you are enjoying this beautiful walk. If you aren’t, then maybe you should check your heart and ask Jesus to wash all the filth from it that can accumulate  from this life.

Romans 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment