Monday, May 12, 2014

Baseball baseball baseball

         It really stinks to get older. That is how I feel about it.....STINKS. After being at the ballfield all evening watching my nine year old play ball, I realize that my hips hurt from sitting in an ill designed walmart chair. You know the kind, when you sit down the sides of the seat fold up against your booty and squeeze the blood out of your hips while the front of the seat feels like it has cut into the bottom of my legs to the point that I may require a physician.
       So... our team lost the game and my nine year old is blubbering ... sobbing about the call at first base on his last hit..... "His foot was NOT on the bag when he caught the ball!" More blubbering and sobbing... Yadda yadda yaddda. "Man up, Bigboy" I said, as I limped to my truck because the circulation in my legs wasn't circulating. I'm telling him to "man up" while I'm thinking about a cushy $100 folding chair that I saw a while back at a sports store... at the time I thought,"That's an old man chair". Now I am thinking I want to be more comfortable as I WATCH him play hard. What's next....Preparation H, Dentures, blood pressure meds, some whippersnapper yelling at me to watch where I am going?
        I guess things could be worse... some new ballpark friends from Louisville told my wife they found a dead body six miles from their house... black woman that had beaten to death with a brick. Now that is bad day. I've never been rich, but you must be mighty poor when your only choice of weapon is a brick. That has to be a lot of work..... horrible to think about. How do you pray for someone who would bludgeon someone to death with a brick? We have to love everybody... I just wish it was easier to like most of them. I gotta quit this whining... maybe I need some testosterone... what am i thinking? Of course I need some ..... I'm blogging for heaven's sake!!

Say your prayers... love Jesus and bless your enemies so they won't be enemies anymore


No comments:

Post a Comment